Biologic injection therapy uses naturally found substances in your body to help you heal. A biologic injection contains specific material or cells that affect other nearby cells and processes. Biologic injection therapy utilizes your body’s healing power.
Biologic injection therapy is considered a form of regenerative medicine. Regenerative medicine encourages your body to fix itself by regenerating defective tissues.
One form of biologic used in biologic injection therapy is amniotic tissues. Amniotic tissue provides cutting-edge options for issues such as soft tissue pain, Achilles tendinosis, and other foot-related conditions. Amniotic tissue treatments provide a non-invasive way to deal with a range of foot issues, allowing you to avoid surgery.
A wide range of different conditions can be treated with biological injections. At Advanced Foot and Ankle Wellness Center, here are a few of the conditions that biological injections can treat:
- Achilles Tendinosis
- Ligament sprain of the ankle
- Ankle tendon tear
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Sports injuries
With most foot issues, you only need one biological injection to treat your foot’s injured muscle or tendon. One of the most significant benefits of using biologic injections for treatment is that other treatments are no longer necessary unless you are dealing with a secondary injury.
The recovery process for biologic injection therapy is very reasonable. Most patients experience relief from their symptoms about three weeks after treatment, although it can take up to eight to twelve weeks for some patients.
This improvement can last for months or even years—biologic injection therapy works to rebuild damaged tissue, allowing your body to heal, which is why the results are so long-lasting. Your exact results will depend on what condition you are treated for.
There are many benefits of biologic injection therapy.
- Quick recovery times: Biologic injection therapy helps to regenerate damaged tissue and is a natural way to treat a range of foot and ankle conditions. There are minimal side effects besides minor pain or swelling at the injection site.
- Avoid Surgery: One of the most significant benefits of biologic injection therapy is that it is a non-invasive treatment option. Depending on your condition, it may help you avoid surgery.
- Complete injury healing: Biologic injection therapy is used to repair damaged ligaments and regenerate healthy tissue. Biologic injection therapy helps to enhance your body’s natural healing process, allowing your body to regenerate damaged tissue.
You can use different types of biologic injection therapy to treat various foot and ankle conditions.
Clarix Flo is made by Amniox. It is a new treatment for taking care of heel pain. The Clarix Flo injection contains amniotic tissue from the umbilical cord, which has regenerative properties.
A Clarix Flo injection helps regenerate damaged tissue, allowing you to avoid or delay surgery. In a study of patients whose progress was studied for 18 weeks after receiving injections of Clarix Flo, the study concluded that patients showed improved overall function and decreased pain.
In addition to the increased overall function and decreased pain, Clarix Flow also helps to regulate inflammation, speed up the healing process, and minimize scarring.
Leneva is an allograft adipose matrix made from donated human tissue that is used for tissue reconstruction. It is FDA approved. You can use Leneva for:
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Tunneling wounds
- Fat pad reconstruction procedures
This process can help your body heal itself by allowing tissues to regenerate.